- The information on this page has been updated on 17 March 2023 -
COVID-19 measures dropped with immediate effect
With the normalisation of the corona virus, the government has adopted the advice of the Outbreak Management Team (OMT) and the Social Impact Team (MIT) to scale down the remaining measures. This is possible because the coronavirus is now seen as 'one of many viruses' and few people become seriously ill from the current virus variants. This means that all remaining measures will be dropped including the basic advice:
- stay at home in case of symptoms and do a self-test,
- go into isolation in case of a positive test.
Keep watching your health
Even though the measures have been dropped, it is still important to keep an eye on your health and the health of those around you. If you have flu and cold symptoms keep the following advice in mind:
- stay at home when you are ill,
- in case of minor complaints, discuss with your manager whether you can work at home,
- wash your hands regularly,
- cough and sneeze into your elbow,
- ventilate in indoor spaces and make sure you have enough fresh air.
Prepare your journey well. Before you leave, check the travel advice and any remaining corona measures in the country you want to visit on Netherlands Worldwide and mijnvraagovercorona.nl/en/thema/reizen.