You can access the Horizon environment by using the web portal https://workspace.utwente.nl.
During the first login to the Horizon environment, you can choose between access based on HTML or by using the VMware Horizon Client.
If a client is available for your operating system, we advise you to install it. This manual describes how to install the Windows VMware Horizon Client.
Before you start
- This manual is written for Linux.
- In this manual, you will often be required to perform actions. For these actions, a consistent style of writing has been used: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
STEP 1: INSTALLATION
Open a browser (for example Chrome, Firefox) and type https://workspace.utwente.nl in the address bar.
- Choose Install VMware Horizon Client. A webpage will open with various clients for different operating systems.
- Choose the client for your operating system and click Go to Downloads. Download the client.
- A requirement for the Horizon client is that the python gtk2 library is already installed.
Open a terminal and run the following command to install the gtk2 library: sudo apt-get install python-gtk2 (if the gtk2 library is already installed, this is indicated by the system and you can go to the next step).
- Open a terminal, navigate to the directory where the file was downloaded.
Run the following command to set the file permission to execute as a program: chmod a+x VMWare-Horizon-Client-4.9.0-9507999.x64.bundle.
- Install the client using the following command and follow the on screen instructions: sudo ./ VMWare-Horizon-Client-4.9.0-9507999.x64.bundle.
STEP 2: CONNECT
After the computer is restarted you can start the Horizon client by clicking the icon at the desktop/startmenu.
- Click the + to add a new server.
- Type the name of the server: workspace.utwente.nl
- Click the workspace.utwente.nl logo and authenticate with your UT email address and password.
- The webportal will appear with the applications that are activated for your account.
It is possible that you have installed an application locally which is also available in Horizon. When asked which application should be used to open a file, use the local application to prevent unnecessary load on the server environment.
You can click on the gear icon and select the sharing menu to access local files.