WebDrive makes it possible to reach your UT documents while you are working at home and/or on your mobile device. You can reach your data by using Finder, Windows Explorer or a mobile device with WebDAV app (e.g. GoodReader, WebDAV Navigator).
It is not possible to copy big files, like CDs or big programs; maximum file size is 50 MB. If you want to upgrade this can be done
through http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2668751 using the MS Fix-it or by changing the registry youself and restart the webclient-service.
To reach your data, you use a WebDAV protocol. There are several WebDAV clients for different platforms (Apple Mac OS, iOS, Microsoft Windows and Ubuntu Linux). Because the data is transported via internet, you can reach your data nearly everywhere. You don’t need VPN connection and your data is secured by HTTPS connection.
Before you start
- This manual has been written for Windows 8. It is possible that the images for other versions of Windows are slightly different, but the steps are nearly identical. There is another manual for Mac and mobile devices.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
STEP 1: CONNECT TO SERVER
- Click Start > Computer.
- Click Map Network Drive.
STEP 2: SERVER AdDRESS
- In the field behind Drive, select a capital for a server that is free (e.g. W).
- In the field behind Folder, enter https://webdrive.utwente.nl.
- Select Reconnect at logon.
- Select Connect using different credentials.
- Click Finish.
STEP 3: LOGIN
- In the first field, enter (UT) e-mail address.
- In the second field, enter the appropriate password.
- Select Remember my credentials.