WebDrive enables you easy access to your UT documents from your workplace at home or from a mobile device (smartphone or tablet). You can access your data through Finder, Windows explorer, or a mobile device with a WebDAV app (for example GoodReader, WebDAV Navigator).
A limitation of WebDrive is that it is not suitable for transferring or copying very large files like cd’s or large programs. The maximum file size is set at 30MB.
WebDrive uses the WebDAV protocol via internet to access your data stored at the file servers. There are several WebDAV clients for several platforms like Apple Mac OS, iOS, Microsoft Windows and Ubuntu Linux. You can access your documents almost anywhere because the data is transported through the interne. You do not need a VPN connection for this. The data is safely transported with the use of a HTTPS connection. This is a secure (encrypted) connection so that all the information is transported safely.
Before you begin
- This manual has been written for MAC OS X. In other Mac versions, the graphics can be different, but the steps are almost identical.
- There are separate manuals available for Windows and mobile devices.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
WebDAV access via Finder
STEP 1: CONNECT TO THE SERVER
- Click in Finder at the menu bar on Go
- Click Connect to Server…
STEP 2: SERVER ADDRESS
- Fill in at Server Address: https://webdrive.utwente.nl
- Click the + icon
- Click Connect
STEP 3: LOGIN
- Select at Connect as: the option Registered User.
- Fill in at Name: (UT) e-mail address.
- At Password fill in the corresponding password.
- Thick the box Remember this password.
- Click Connect