Call for PROPOSALs for UT-WWU Strategic Collaboration Grants 2020-2021 : Joint research inititiatives of the University of Twente (UT) and University of Münster (WWU)
Within the framewok of the Strategic Partnership between the University of Twente and the University of Münster, the Executive Boards of the two universities have expressed their mutual interest in stimulating strategic joint research initiatives to enhance opportunities for collaboration.
The UT-WWU Strategic Collaboration Grants aim to support joint research initiatives that focus on strengthening the international reputation and standing of both universities and facilitating access to new stakeholders (e.g. relevant international strategic networks, industrial and governmental parties) and third-party funding.
Each UT-WWU Collaboration Grant consists of up to € 80,000 (for a maximum of 12 months) to initiate or intensify bilateral research cooperations. The grant could be used to fund, for example, a (joint) position, special equipment, or networking events for the gathering of new consortia, or to secure the participation of industrial parties/companies in a joint, third-party funding application.
The 2020-2021 Call for Applications to the UT-WWU Strategic Collaboration Grants will provide funding for three joint research initiatives. Academics from all fields of research at UT and WWU are invited to apply. Proposals that will enhance synergies between the two institutions are particularly encouraged.
Deadline for submission is 5 October 2020 – 17:00 CET.
Rules for applications
- The proposal should be of high academic quality. Collaborations with a clear prospect for future third-party funding will be favored.
- The proposal should be innovative.
- The proposal must clearly utilize complementary expertise from both applicants and enhances the synergies between UT and WWU.
- The proposal should be realistic, both with respect to the budget and timeline of the project.
- The proposal must be relevant to the Strategic Partnership of UT and WWU.
- The proposal must outline the future of the collaboration well beyond the funding period of this grant, in particular addressing prospects for external funding.
- The proposal needs to be submitted by joint teams of researchers from the University of Twente and the University of Münster.
- A project proposal can be submitted only once. Individual researchers can submit only one project per year, be it as applicant or team member.
- All proposals must be written in English and formatted according to the official template of the relevant call.
Proposals accepted for funding are expected to start their activities in January 2021.
Call text and proposal template can be found here:
Please do not hesitate to contact the SBD-Grants Office for more information or questions: