All updates for Horizon 2020 Work Programmes here
The Grand Societal Challenges pillar under Horizon 2020 includes programmes dedicated to the Grand Societal Challenges as identified in the Europe 2020 Strategy. The specific Work Programmes – setting the concrete topics for the future calls for funding – will follow a challenge-based approach, bringing together resources and knowledge from across different fields, technologies and disciplines. This will cover activities from research to market (research, piloting, demonstration, test-beds, public procurement).
- Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and the bio-economy
- Secure, clean and efficient energy
- Smart, green and integrated transport
- Climate action, resource efficiency and raw materials
- Europe in a Changing World: Inclusive, Innovative and Reflective Societies
- Secure Societies: Protecting Freedom of Europe and its Citizens
The concrete topics for the future calls for research funding under Horizon 2020 are under preparation by the European Commission, with great input from the European Innovation Partnerships. The EU-Office offers you the possibility to access the very first Work Programmes drafts as they become available. Find the Work Programmes and general information on Horizon 2020 in our website and keep the latest news in check for further updates.
The EU-Office is also organizing a series of roundtables to promote interaction between UT researchers from different disciplines in the context of a specific Grand Societal Challenge, in preparation for Horizon 2020. You can learn more about the roundatbles and register following the links under Events.