Based on the standards set by the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Determining the size and scope of the necessary information
- Retrieval of the necessary information
- Evaluation of the information
- Assimilating the information into a product
- Using the information in a responsible way
A comprehensive description of these objectives can be found here (in Dutch).
Tips for literature research assignments
For information please check: Reference Management - Detecting Plagiarism
A good tool for processing literature is the program EndNote. EndNote is a program for managing references. The University of Twente has a license for EndNote that allows it to be installed both at work and at home on your PC. The latest version of EndNote can be downloaded via Notebook Service Centre. Employees can also send a request to the ICTS service desk to have EndNote installed on the work place computer.