The Department of Natural Resources (NRS) uses earth observation data and spatial information in combination with systems modeling, geo-information science (GIS) and remote sensing for the assessment, monitoring, planning and management of natural resources, for their sustainable use, development and restoration under global change.
- You will participate in the ITC research theme Forest, Agriculture and Environment in the Spatial Sciences (FORAGES). Within this theme spatial information is used to assess, monitor, plan and manage natural resources. Cross-cutting topics include agro-ecological and physical modelling, human impacts as well as technology applications including hyperspectral remote sensing, infrastructure (cloud computing, wireless etc.) and sensor networks.
- You will also participate in projects carried out by the Department, assisting project staff on a variety of Remote Sensing & GIS data processing, ranging from data acquisition, data storage to final product development.
- You will provide a range of services related to image processing and image organization, spatial database development, mobile apps development, spatial application development and spatial data infrastructure support.
- You will invent technical solution concepts and designs.
- You will produce and modify software, instruments, equipment, measurement setups or parts thereof.
- You will test products and setups.
- You will install and put into operation products in the working environment, and additionally carry out post-installation work.
- You will ensure availability of accessible technical documentation.
- You will advise students and supervisors about equipment and processes, as well as their innovation.
A MSc degree in Geography and/or Computer Science or in a related field is mandatory. Knowledge of programming is essential (IDL, R, MATLAB, Java). Good knowledge of statistics is also desirable.
Information and application
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Willem Nieuwenhuis (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 53 4874458). You are also invited to visit the NRS homepage or the ITC homepage.
Please submit your application before 25 March 2018 (choose “apply here” below). Your application has to include a motivation letter and a detailed CV.
We offer you a challenging position in an inspiring environment for the duration of 2 years.
Gross monthly salary between € 2588,- and € 4084,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile ICT Developer level 4 or 3).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Minimum of 29 holiday days in case of full-time employment.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente provides international postgraduate education, research and project services in the field of geo-information science and earth observation using remote sensing and GIS. The aim of ITC's activities is the international exchange of knowledge, focusing on capacity building and institutional development in developing countries and emerging economies.