We offer a challenging position in a stimulating, international research and teaching environment in the cluster of Applied Nanophotonics (ANP). This is a collaboration of around 80 researchers and research students divided over several chairs, the largest Dutch Nanophotonics community in academia. Optics research in Twente benefits deeply from the nanotechnology in the UT’s Nanolab, featuring a state of the art cleanroom.
We strive to perform world-class science in connection with state-of-the-art technologies in its areas of interest. We value a supportive, collaborative spirit across the borders of chairs. We support this by regular scientific meetings, sharing research facilities and organizing activities to strengthen the interactions between the different chairs. ANP excels in the areas of nanophotonics for fundamental science, security, integrated optics, sensing, nonlinear microscopy and bio-imaging. We are open to develop novel directions and explicitly do not restrict the opening to the present areas.
We are particularly looking for someone to guide the Optical Sciences chair. The OS chair develops detection strategies for weak signals and integrated optical devices, including the development of new materials, and strategies for fabrication and hybrid integration. Current areas of application are chemical and pharmaceutical analysis, water sensing and early detection of diseases. With its supportive and lively attitude, the OS chair is an exponent of the ANP cluster’s positive and cooperative spirit. For this reason, OS is also popular among students, offering room for their new ideas.
- Your renowned research line will integrate in our research cluster and will help to further expand the existing research within our cluster;
- You will play a central role in the teaching program of the Faculty of Applied Physics;
- You will be chair holder of the Optical Sciences chair.
- You host an optical research line of international stature;
- You complement the research lines of the Optics Sciences chair and will lead it to new heights;
- You have a strong publication record and a vision on future development of the field;
- You possess a passion to teach at all levels; an affinity for optical engineering is preferable;
- You hold a basic teaching qualification for Dutch universities (or equivalent experience), or you are willing to obtain this;
- You have strong collaborative capabilities and managerial and communication skills.
Are you up for the challenge to lead both the research as well as teaching on this state of the art technology?
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
You are invited to ask your questions and discuss your ideas with Prof.dr.ir.J.W.M. Hilgenkamp, Dean of the Faculty of Science and Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org/ +31534892806 or with Dr.ir. H.L.(Herman) Offerhaus, Acting Chair of the Optical Sciences group: email@example.com / +31534891097.
Please submit your application, including a recent CV and your vision statement, before September 15th, 2018, using the link below.
We offer you a full time tenured position as Professor with a competitive salary and excellent employment conditions:
- Excellent research facilities;
- Extra's such as a 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- a solid pension scheme;
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a family friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Within the TNW Faculty (Faculty of Science & Technology) of the University of Twente some 700 staff members and 2000 students are involved in training and research on the interface of chemical technology, applied physics and biomedical technology. Fields of application include sustainable energy, process technology and materials science, nanotechnology and technical medicine. Research, which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes MESA+ and MIRA. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders.