The NE Group is embedded in the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology (www.mesaplus.utwente.nl). MESA+ is one of the largest nanotechnology research institutes in the world, delivering competitive and successful high-quality research. It uses a unique structure, which unites scientific disciplines, and builds fruitful international cooperation to excel in science and education. The institute employs 500 people of which 275 are PhDâ€™s or PostDocs. With its brand new NanoLab facilities the institute holds 1250 m2 of cleanroom space and state-of-the-art research equipment. MESA+ has an internationally appealing and multidisciplinary approach by combining physics, electrical engineering, chemistry, materials science and mathematics. NE is part of the Center for Brain-Inspired Nano Systems (BRAINS).
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled post-doctoral researcher to carry out a project on brain-inspired electronics, an exciting research field that attracts an ever-increasing amount of attention worldwide and forms a main research theme within the NanoElectronics group (NE, www.nano-electronics.nl). NE focuses in particular on the realization of neuromorphic hardware for carrying out archetypical machine learning tasks in a more efficient manner.
Are you up for the challenge to help us reach a new era for brain-inspired electronics?
As a post-doc researcher in this project:
- You are a great team player in a team working on nanoscale networks in silicon and other materials. You will have a senior role and can be involved in projects of several team members;
- Your ultimate goal is realizing neuromorphic hardware implementing artificial intellgence that can be used for autonomous driving;
- You will fabricate state-of-the-art devices, and characterize and model them.Â
- You will closely collaborate with other researchers and students in the Center for Brain-Inspired Nano Systems (BRAINS, utwente.nl/brains)
- You have a PhD in (applied) physics, electrical engineering or a related topic;
- You have experience with one or more of the following fields: machine learning, robot control, embedded systems;
- You have excellent experimental and theoretical skills;
- You are highly motivated, enthusiastic, have good team spirit and like to work in an internationally oriented environment;
- You are fluent in English.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
The start of the project is as soon as possible.
Applications should include an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation to apply for this position, a detailed CV (resume), a publication list, contact details of at least 2 referees, and an academic transcript of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education. An interview and a scientific presentation will be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about the position, please contact Prof.dr.ir. W.G. van der Wiel (W.G.vanderWiel@utwente.nl).
You will be appointed on a fulltime position for at least one year, with possible extension, within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Starting salary ranges from € 3.173 to € 4.166 gross per month depending on your background, relevant experience and qualifications, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes MESA+, CTIT and MIRA.