You initiate, carry out and participate in education, research, and consulting activities on the extraction of large scale geo-information from data of imaging sensors. The increasing availability of low-cost imaging sensors and sensor platforms creates abundant opportunities and challenges in photogrammetry. In research projects you will develop methods for efficient information extraction from large collections of images for applications in e.g. civil engineering, navigation, and industry. You are able to discuss and find solutions for information acquisition problems emerging within ITC’s research and consulting projects and initiate contacts to develop multi-disciplinary research projects. You will teach, assist, and supervise MSc and PhD students, contribute to the development of educational modules and new blended learning packages at various levels of education and actively participate in joint educational programmes with ITC’s partner institutes abroad. You may share responsibility in the management of the department. You actively participate in national and international professional societies.
- You possess a PhD in the field of geo-informatics, robotics, electronics, or computer science with relevance to spatial information acquisition problems.
- You have demonstrated scientific creativity combined with a publishing record of acknowledged quality and a strong interest in developing cost effective solutions relevant to the large variety of problems.
- Preferably you have proven didactic skills and experience in teaching (University Teacher Qualification certificate ‘BKO’ or equivalent), affinity with a multi-cultural, post-graduate education environment, and experience in international consulting and advising services.
- You are willing to undertake international travel.
Information and application
Additional information about this position can be obtained from Prof. George Vosselman (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +31 53 4874344). You are also invited to visit our homepage.
Please submit your application before 28 August 2019 (choose “apply now” below). Your application has to include (i) a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection criteria and also outlining your research and teaching interests, (ii) a detailed CV with three references and (iii) a two-page statement on your vision on research, education and capacity development in relation to ITC and the position. Applications that do not include all three will not be considered.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be initially employed for four years. Extension of the employment after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3637,- and € 5.656,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 1 or 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente provides international postgraduate education, research and project services in the field of geo-information science and earth observation using remote sensing and GIS. The aim of ITC's activities is the international exchange of knowledge, focusing on capacity building and institutional development in developing countries and emerging economies.