The Biomechanical Engineering group is specialised in the application area of Biomedical Technology, integrating the tools of several engineering disciplines to analyse aspects of human functioning. We study the special mechanical properties of living biological tissue and the dynamics of the human system and apply this in the development of instruments and methodologies that support daily life functioning of individuals.
Examples of medical devices we have developed are rehabilitation robotics for the lower and upper extremities, diagnostic robots for (impaired) motor control, surgical robotics, endo- and exoprostheses, and wearable exoskeletons. The effectiveness of these devices is tested in clinical practice and with industrial partners.
The medical application areas of the research are rehabilitation, orthopaedics, neurology and cardiovascular surgery. The programme is entirely embedded in the Technical Medical Centre.
This vacancy focusses specifically to the areas of orthopaedic implants, finite element models, musculoskeletal modelling and overall orthopaedic biomechanics.
As a postdoc your primary role will be to generate and submit research proposals to national and international funding bodies. This will be done in collaboration with team members of the Biomechanical Engineering group in Twente and of the Orthopaedic Research Laboratory of Radboudumc in Nijmegen.
- You hold a PhD in a field that is closely related to this position;
- You can demonstrate to have submitted successful applications to national and/or international funding agencies;
- You find it important to work in a team;
- Good communication and writing skills.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please send your application before October 27th 2019 via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae;
- A covering letter and a complete list of publications;
- Two references we will contact. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our University. We encourage applications from all sections of society;
- You are welcome to contact Prof.dr.ir. Nico Verdonschot, email: firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you might have.
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with attractive support infrastructures and campus facilities. The University provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
You will be initially employed fulltime for 2,5 years. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO) and include:
- Gross monthly salary is between € 3.255,- and € 4.978,- depending on your experience and qualifications;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A solid pension scheme.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.