We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The UT is the only campus university in the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and give talented researchers scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.The group is part of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science and the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology. MESA+ is the largest research institute of the UT. The institute trains graduate students and PhD-students and conducts research in the fields of nanotechnology, microsystems, materials science and microelectronics. Unique of MESA+ is its multidisciplinary composition. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The group of Integrated Devices and Systems has a vacancy for a Ph.D. student to work on a breakthrough development in silicon transistors. The objective of the project is to develop a transistor that will last forever. Through a precise study of the normal degradation of transistors and the underlying physics and chemistry, we will work on methods to counteract the degradation and wear-out, extending the lifetime, and therefore contributing to “green electronics”. We seek to concentrate on CMOS transistors and their wearout due to stress-induced leakage current. Within the project, we cooperate with several industrial partners and two academic partners with a strong international reputation. An internship is part of the 4-year program. The focal point of the research is experimentation, combined with analysis and model development. You will have full access to state of the art characterization equipment as well as the MESA+ Nanolab for experimentation.
Type of work: 50% experimental studies, 20% material analysis, 20% material and defect modelling, 10% educational tasks.
- You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic researcher (F/M)
- You have a M.Sc. degree in the field of electrical engineering, applied physics, materials science or a closely related study program.
- Excellent experimental skills are a prerequisite.
- You have good team spirit and multidisciplinary curiosity, and like to work in an internationally oriented environment where many cultures meet.
- You are fluent in English.
Information and application
Please send your application before August 31st 2019 via the "apply now" button and include:
- an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest, qualifications and motivation to apply for this position
- a detailed CV (resume) and a publication list
- an academic transcript of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education
- a TOEFL or IELTS score is generally requested to verify sufficient mastering of the English language.
For more information please contact the HR Advisor: Inge Meeuwenoord via email@example.com.
We offer an interesting temporary research position in a dynamic and international environment, combining the benefits of academic research with a topic of high industrial relevance. The University of Twente (UT) offers excellent working conditions, an exciting scientific environment, and a green and lively campus with lots of sports facilities and an international scientific community.
- You will be appointed on a fulltime PhD position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year.
- You will have a full status as an employee at the UT, including pension and health care benefits.
- Your salary will range from EUR 2.325,- (1st year) to EUR 2.972,- (4th year) per month, plus holiday allowance (8%) and end-of-year bonus (8.3%).
- You can make use of excellent facilities for professional and personal development.
- You will receive good secondary conditions, in accordance with the collective labour agreement CAO-NU for Dutch universities.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.