If you interested in challenging projects on the interface between technology and the human body and have a passion for technology with relevant medical applications, the Biomedical Signals and Systems (BSS) group of the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) would like to meet you!
We contribute to improving diagnostics and treatment of patients with chronic diseases by developing interfacing technology that enables us to monitor and influence physiological functions in the clinic and during daily life, together with smart algorithms for signal analysis that allows us to derive information from measured physiological signals and influence these physiological functions in a clinically relevant manner.
We are looking for an electronics engineer who can strengthen our team.
You will be working in the BSS group of the cluster Electrical Engineering of the Faculty EEMCS. The group consists of four full professors, six associate / assistant professors, five postdocs, two engineers, 32 PhD students (internal as well as external) and a management assistant.
BSS is part of the TechMed Center of the University of Twente. The TechMed Center has up to date lab facilities for measurement of physiological functions of humans, an e-health house lab, and many other medical technology lab facilities.
In our research projects, we closely collaborate with selected companies, hospitals and other research groups in the Netherlands and other countries.
As our electronics engineer, you design and realize biomedical instrumentation. This involves sensing of electrophysiological and movement quantities, actuation of physiological functions, e.g. by electrical stimulation or augmented reality systems.
In this framework, you are responsible for:
- Design and realization of hardware and embedded software for this instrumentation.
- Discussion and collaboration with researchers in the BSS group and outside, including partners in national and European projects
- High quality and structured documentation of hard- and software using adequate documentation systems
- Application of laws and directives for medical devices, including risk analysis
- Investigational Medical Devices Dossiers (IMDDs), required for obtaining ethical approval for experiment research, in which the experimental instrumentation that you have developed is applied
- Management of the BSS Hardwardlab and equipment
- Technical support of the e-health living lab in the new TechMed center of the University of Twente
- You have finished at least a bachelor Electronics Engineering or similar at a polytechnical university level
- You like to work in a team, but can also work independently
- You have good communication skills, a hands-on mentality, you take initiative and are flexible and curious
- You are passionate and are challenged by technological questions
- You like to continuously develop yourself on a personal and professional level, and are willing to further your education whenever required
- You have experience with
- Design and realization of electronic hardware and embedded software
- Programming in C/C++, Python, Matlab and/or Labview
- Adequate documentation of hard- and software
- Experience with design and risk analysis of medical equipment is desired
- For further information, please contact prof.dr.ir. P.H. Veltink via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Does this position fit your profile and are you interested? Please send an application including curriculum vitae, diploma, list of your grades and references before 1 December 2019 via the link below.
- We offer a diverse and challenging function in a good and informal working atmosphere
- Your employment will be initially for 1 year full time (38 hours a week) with the intention to extend this to a permanent position
- Your gross salary will be minimally € 2.579,- to maximum € 4.274,- per month (scale 8/9/10 in the Dutch academic system), depending on education and experience
- The University of Twente offers an excellent package of secondary working conditions, including holiday bonus of 8% and a final year bonus of 8,3%.
- Facilities for continuous education are available.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.