DR Sabina Stiller
University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam Institute of Advanced Labour Studies
P.O. Box 94025
1090 GA Amsterdam
Dr LEONIE heres
University of Utrecht
Utrecht School of Governance
3511 ZC Utrecht
Professor Karin lasthuizen
University of Wellington
School of Management - Victoria Business School
P.O. Box 600
The Public and Political Leadership (PUPOL) colloquium was founded in 2012 by Dr Sabina Stiller and Dr Karin Lasthuizen. Since then, PUPOL has grown into a vibrant Dutch network of almost 50 scholars interested in and working on leadership in Public Administration and Political Science. Through the annual NIG panel, meetings and conferences, the network enables members to receive comments on their work – from early draft to ready to be submitted papers. In doing so, we also take a closer look at what leadership research has achieved so far and discuss the possibilities and necessity for conceptual and methodological innovations in the field. Following the initiation of a PUPOL international network, in the coming years the colloquium is looking to explore opportunities for further international collaboration between leadership scholars.
The objective of the colloquium is to bring together NIG researchers from various substantive, disciplinary and methodological backgrounds, both junior and senior, around new and developing avenues in leadership research in order to stimulate reflection on the state-of-the-art and facilitate co-authored (journal) publications and joint research proposals.
Call for Papers for PUPOL Panel at the NIG annual conference, 9-10 November 2017
We very much welcome your paper abstracts for this year´s panel before September 1st, 2017. The panel will be chaired by Dr. Sabina Stiller (UvA) and Marij Swinkels (UU). Abstracts can be submitted online via the NIG website.
Save the date: third international PUPOL conference 19-20 APRIL 2018
After the successful second international conference at Open University Milton Keynes, UK, this spring, the date and place for the next international event have been announced: 19-20 April 2018, Swedish Defense University, Stockholm, Sweden. The organizers are Professor Fredrik Bynander and his team at CRISMART.
PUPOL network website and international PUPOL mailing list
NIG PUPOL started to build a large international leadership network some years ago. As a first step in this direction, and in collaboration with the research group of prof. Dr Jean Hartley of the Open University, we developed an international mailing list. The aim of the list is to further international collaboration between leadership researchers by providing a forum to post, for instance, research/methodology questions, queries to submit conference panels, notifications of new publications and conferences, and ideas for submitting grant proposals. The mailing list is open to all academic researchers working on or intereste in leadership in the public domain (including non-NIG members). To subscribe to the mailing list, please visit: www.jiscmail.ac.uk/PUPOL
In the summer of 2016, we also launched a website (www.pupolnetwork.com) that brings together all kinds of information about the network and leadership research. You can contact the webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9-10 November 2017: PUPOL panel at the NIG annual work conference in Maastricht, The Netherlands
- 3rd PUPOL international conference, 19-20 April 2018 at the Swedish Defense University in Stockholm, Sweden (organised by Professor Fredrik Bynander and his team at CRISMART).
Are you an NIG member and interested in becoming a member of the PUPOL colloquium? Send an e-mail to Sabina Stiller (email@example.com) and we will keep you updated about the colloquium’s upcoming NIG events.
- April 2017: 2nd international PUPOL conference, Open University, United Kingdom
- November 2016: PUPOL Panel at the NIG annual work conference in Antwerp, Belgium
- Summer 2016: launch of the PUPOL network website: http://www.pupolnetwork.com/
- April 2016: 1st international PUPOL conference, Radboud University Nijmegen
- November 2015: PUPOL panel at the NIG annual work conference in Nijmegen
- April 2015: second annual PUPOL conference
- March – April 2015: PUPOL Panel at the PSA conference
- November 2014: PUPOL Panel at the NIG annual work conference in Delft
- October 2014: launch of the international PUPOL mailing list
- May 2014: first annual PUPOL conference featuring key note speaker prof Dr Jean Hartley
- November 2013: PUPOL Panel at the NIG annual work conference in Twente
- November 2012: PUPOL Panel at the NIG annual work conference in Leuven, Belgium
- Autumn 2012: PUPOL seminar featuring Australian leadership expert Jon Johansson at the VU University Amsterdam
- June 2012: Kick-off meeting hosted by prof. Dr Paul ‘t Hart (USBO) and attended by about 30 senior and junior participants working in the field of public and political leadership