Call for nominees TGS Award 2019 (EN)
For the TGS Award 2019, three candidates will be selected by the TGS Award Committee for the January 2019 round (deadline 15 January 2019) and three candidates have already been selected in the September 2018 round.
In total 6 candidates will compete for the Award.
This call is for nominees for the January 2019-round. For this round, nominees should fulfill the following requirements*:
- talented and excellent UT MSc student with the ambition to pursue a PhD trajectory at the University of Twente
- independently working on a research proposal or programme to be submitted for external funding before Summer 2019.
- nominated & recommended by a UT researcher and/or full professor (beoogd promotor in Dutch)
- MSc graduation date in or shortly after Winter 2018 / Spring 2019
- nomination through a filled in form (incl. candidate CV, grades and PhD research proposal abstract)
TGS will organize proposal-writing and presentation-skills coaching for all nominees. The TGS Award committee will select from the nominees a maximum of 3 candidates in September 2018. These three candidates are entitled to a TGS bridging grant** for a maximum of 6 months to be used if necessary to bridge the period between MSc Graduation and obtaining external PhD funding. Together with three candidates which will be selected in January 2019, they will compete in June 2019 for the TGS Award 2019, which consists of a Certificate and a Check of 2.500 Euros to be spent on doctoral education/research conference.
* contact TGS (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have high potential nominees who do not completely meet all requirements!
** the 6 month bridging grant from the TGS Fund is on the basis of AiO salary.
Note: The winner of the TGS Award 2018 was awarded the price by the
rector prof. T. Palstra at the ‘Opening Academic Year 2018' (September 2018).
Martijn Blom received the TGS award 2018. For his research, please watch the video.
The 2019 winner will receive the Award in September 2019. For previous Award winners please visit the TGS website.