The roughness properties and micro geometry of surfaces are of importance for many tribological phenomena. The Micromap is an interference microscope that enables the measurement of local height-data of a range of surfaces. The Micromap has been used to measure a large number of surface types, products and applications.
Keywords: Micromap, Interference Microscope, Surface Micro-Geometry, Roughness
Measurements / Setups:
- Roughness measurements on computer hard drives.
- Analysis of scratches in deep drawing products.
- Measurement of very small wear volumes.
- Measurement of changes in the micro geometry of a surface as a result of an applied normal load.
- Height Resolution: approx. 1 nm.
- Size of a surface measurement: min. 110x85 μm, max. 4.42x3.45 mm depending on magnification & resolution.
- Number of measurement points: 304x228 or 640x478.
Location: De Horstring N100
Research group: Surface Technology and Tribology
Contact: W. Lette