Call for Papers and Case Studies
(Bachelor and Master students)
*** 4th International ****
** Business Informatics Challenge and **
** Conference 2009 **
**** IBIC'09 ****
25th September 2009,
Dublin City University, Ireland
Publication and Best Paper Award:
- Author(s) of the Best Paper will receive an award worth 500 Euro.
- Awards for Best Presentation and Best Research Paper.
- Each participant will receive a free copy of the proceedings
- All accepted papers of high standard will be published in the conference proceedings.
Paper submission: 30 June 2009 (*)
Notification: 15 August 2009
Submission of camera ready version: 15 December 2009 Business Informatics Conference: 25 September 2009 Indicative publication date for proceedings: March 2010
(*) If the submission is part of a course at a University or equivalent third level institution, the deadline might be extended to facilitate submission deadlines during the semester. In this case, the faculty member should contact the conference organisers.
Call for Papers:
We invite Bachelor and Master students to submit Papers and real-live Case Studies illustrating how technological solutions were developed and applied for effective information systems to solve the business needs of organisations.
The paper might be a summary of the final year research project, but must document real-life cases or systems based on the application of informatics in organisations. It can describe successful utilisation of IT applications, but also failures and mismanagement of ICT resources and applications. Organisations might include companies, government organisations, educational institutions or non-profit organizations.
Areas of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
Methods and Methodologies
Reference Models and Modelling
Business Process Management and Modelling Supply Chain Management and Logistics Analytical Information Systems and Data Warehousing Cost-benefit and Impact Analysis IT and IS Architectures Data Management Security and Privacy IT and IS Management Information Systems Development Social Networks and Knowledge Communities Digital World Performance Indicators and Measurement system Process Simulation and Optimization Knowledge Management and Discovery Tool development and Software Engineering Information Quality Management Project Management and ICT E-Learning Database Systems Mobile Computing Innovation and ICT
E- Business and E-Government
Further details and submission:
Conditions for eligibility:
- The International Business Informatics Challenge and Conference is open to all Bachelor and Master Students registered at Universities or equivalent Third level institutions. Entrants must be registered in 2009. Students at PhD / Doctorate level are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Individuals or teams typically not more than 4 students can submit a paper.
- Only one entry can be submitted by a student.
- Submissions must be the original work from Bachelor or Master Students and not submitted in this form to or accepted by any other competition, conference or journal.
- Some assistance or co-authoring by other individuals (such as the student's faculty
advisors) is encouraged and permitted as long as the student is the "first author" on the paper. Student(s) and Supervisor(s) should be stated and made clear on the first page (under Authors details).
- The research must have been conducted while the participant(s) is/are registered as a student.
Conference Organizers and Chairs:
Markus Helfert, Dublin City University
Howard Duncan, Dublin City University
School of Computing
Enterprise Process Research Centre
Dublin City University
Dublin 9, Ireland
Lecturer in Information Systems
Programme Chair European MSc in Business Informatics http://www.computing.dcu.ie/europeanmbi/
The AISWorld LISTSERV is a service of the Association for Information Systems (http://www.aisnet.org). To unsubscribe, redirect, or change subscription options please go to http://lyris.isworld.org/. You are subscribed to AISworld as: email@example.com. Each Sender assumes responsibility that his or her message conforms to the AISWorld LISTSERV policy and conditions of use available at http://lyris.isworld.org/isworldlist.htm.