Citadel – ITC Housing on campus
The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation — currently located at Hengelosestraat in the Enschede city centre — will be housed on campus near the O&O Square at the site of the present Citadel building.
To prepare ITC’s new building, the demolition of the Citadel is planned between August 2019 and October 2019.
Therefore, the current groups in Citadel, like the University College Twente ATLAS, have to relocate in time.
Figure: Location of future ITC-housing
The milestones of the construction of ITC consist of the following:
- Schematic design: June 2018 – August 2018
- Preliminary design: August 2018 – November 2018
- Final Design: November 2018 – February 2019
- Specifications and conditions: February 2019 – May 2019
- European Tender for construction: November 2018 – September 2019
- Demolition of Citadel building: August 2019 – October 2019
- Construction of the new building: October 2019 – December 2020 (provisional target date)