This manual describes how you can install an application (software) on an UT Workstation. It is possible the needed application is not available in ZENWorks. In that case, contact the LISA contact person in your department or contact the Service Desk ICT.
- For using this manual you need the following (you can ask LISA whether this is the case).
- An installed UT Workstation
- A migrated AD account
- A RUN registrated networkcard
- This manual is written for an UT Workstation with Windows 7.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
Step 1: Refresh list of applications
- Click the triangle in the taskbar.
- Click (right mouse button) the ZENworks icon.
- Click Refresh.
Step 2: Open ZENworks Application
- Go to Start > All Programs > Novell ZENworks > ZENworks Application Window.
Step 3: Searching the desired program
- Select in the left menu the desired category (applications within UT-FLEX can be installed).
Step 4: Installing the application
- Double click the desired application (e.g. Filezilla)
The grey icon will change to a green icon, showing that the installation is in progress.
As soon as the installation is finished, the application will start.
If a UT-FLEX program is installed via Zenworks Applications and you want to remove this program, you must also do this via Zenworks Applications and not via Add/Remove Programs.
STEP 1: OPEN ZENWORKS APPLICATIONS
GO TO START > ALL PROGRAMS > NOVELL ZENWORKS > ZENWORKS APPLICATION WINDOW.
STEP 2: SEARCH FOR THE APPLICATION TO BE REMOVED
In the left-hand menu, select the desired category (the applications in UT-FLEX can be removed).
STEP 3: REMOVE THE APPLICATION
Right-click on the application to be removed (e.g. Filezilla) and select Uninstall,
The status of the icon changes, which shows that the removal is taking place.
The application has been removed when a cross appears in the upper left corner of the icon.