It is possible to use Microsoft Skype for business on Ubuntu. Therefore, Pidgin can be used. Follow the described steps below to configure Pidgin for Microsoft Skype for business 2010.
- This manual does not apply for students.
- This manual is written for Ubuntu 13.10.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
STEP 1: INSTALL NECESSARY PACKAGES
- sudo apt-get install pidgin pidgin-sipe
STEP 2: CONFIGURE PIDGIN
- Add an account.
- At the tab Basic, enter the following:
- Protocol: Office Communicator.
- Username: your (UT) e-mail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Login: your (UT) e-mail address.
- Password: the corresponding password.
- At the tab Advanced, enter the following:
- Server[:Port]: fepool.ad.utwente.nl