It is only possible to use the chat function in Microsoft Skype for business on Ubuntu. Therefore, you can use Pidgin. Follow the described steps below to configure Pidgin for Microsoft Skype for business 2013.
- This manual does not apply for students.
- This manual is written for Ubuntu 13.10. and newer
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
STEP 1: INSTALL NECESSARY PACKAGES
- sudo apt-get install pidgin pidgin-sipe
STEP 2: CONFIGURE PIDGIN
- Add an account.
- At the tab Basic, enter the following:
o Protocol: Office Communicator.
o Username: your (UT) e-mail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
o Login: your (UT) AD domain account (e.g. ad\goghv).
o Password: the corresponding password.
- At the tab Advanced, enter the following:
o Server[:Port]: fepool.ad.utwente.nl