If you wish to make use of the wireless network of the UT (eduroam) it is necessary to install SecureW2 on the computer. After installing SecureW2 eduroam can be configured.
- The manual is written for Windows 7.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
- Make sure that you have local administrator rights. If you do not have these, contact your system administrator.
- Make sure that your wireless network card is switched on.
Make a wifi internet connection with Enschede_stad_van_nu
Click ‘verbind’ (connect) on the left at the bottom of the page.
INSTALL AND CONFIUGURE SECUREW2
Step 1: Download SecureW2
Download SecureW2 for Windows 7 via this link.
Step 2: Install SecureW2
Execute the installer. SecureW2 will install automatically.
Step 3: configure eduroam
A message will appear at the bottom right saying Additional information is needed to connect eduroam.
Click the notification balloon.
Step 4: provide user credentials
- A screen is now being displayed for SecureW2.
- Under Username: enter your student/employee number, (e.g. s0123456 or m0123456).
- Under Password: enter the password that corresponds with your ICT-account.
- Under Domain: enter utwente.nl.
- Tick Save user credentials.
- Click OK.
- The connection will start automatically.