Virtual Private Networking (VPN) is used to set up a virtual network connection across another physical network connection. In this case, that involves setting up a VPN connection to the University of Twente, so that you will acquire an IP address starting with 130.89, even if your Internet Service Provider is not the same as that of the University of Twente. With this VPN connection you will get both an IPv4 and IPv6 UT address. All network traffic from your device will go through the network of the University of Twente.
- This guide has been written for iPhone and iPad devices.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
You’ll need the following:
- An Internet connection.
- Student number followed by @utwente.nl (e.g. email@example.com) or employee (UT) e-mail address.
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD
- Go to the App Store and search for openvpn.
- Install the openvpn connect app.
STEP 2: INSTALL PROFILE
After installing the app, proceed the rest of this manual:
STEP 3: CONNECTING
- Click on the green + and enter your Student number followed by @utwente.nl (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) or employee (UT) e-mail address and password.
- Click on the save button, then the Disconnected/Connection button and select Yes at Allow OpenVPN to enable VPN connection.
- Openvpn is now connected.