Virtual Private Networking (VPN) is used to set up a virtual network connection across another physical network connection. In this case, that involves setting up a VPN connection to the University of Twente, so that you will acquire an IP address starting with 130.89, even if your Internet Service Provider is not the same as that of the University of Twente. With this VPN connection you will get both an IPv4 and IPv6 UT address. All network traffic from your device will go through the network of the University of Twente.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
You’ll need the following:
- An Internet connection that is already active.
- An ICT account. This is your student or employee number with corresponding password.
Step 1: D0wnload app and configuration file.
- Download the configuration file here.
- Go to the Play Store.
- Search for openvpn.
- Install and open the app openvpn connect.
Step 2: Import openvpn profile
- Press the 3 dots at the upper right corner.
- Select import and then Import Profile from SD card.
- Go to the download location where the profile is saved, select the profile and press Select.
Step 3: connect
- Enter your username (m7654321 / s1234567) and password and press Connect.
- Select Continue at the client certificate message.
- OpenVPN is now connected.