This manual describes how to use the off-campus access button. This button lets you access full-text resources without having to visit the university library website first. The button identifies you as a University of Twente student or staff member.
- This manual is written for the internet browser: Internet Explorer.
- When making your way through the manual, you will often be required to perform actions. For these actions, a consistent style of writing has been used: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
YOU REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
- An Internet connection.
- Student number followed by @utwente.nl (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) or employee (UT) e-mail address.
STEP 1: ADD THE OFF-CAMPUS ACCESS BUTTON TO YOUR FAVOURITES
- Click with a right mouse click on the off-campus access button above. Click on Add to favourites... or drag the button to the favourites bar.
STEP 2: USE THE OFF-CAMPUS ACCESS BUTTON
For this step, the following article is used http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2016.06.016 per example. When opening the article when not on the UT network the following screen will appear.
- Click on the start in the right upper corner to view your favourites.
- Click on the new added Off-campus access link.
- The UT login screen appears. Log in using Student number followed by @utwente.nl (e.g. email@example.com) or employee (UT) e-mail address.
- You now will be identified as a student or staff member of the University of Twente and you will be able to download a PDF of the article.