This manual describes how to use the off-campus access button. This button lets you access full-text resources without having to visit the university library website first. The button identifies you as a University of Twente student or staff member.
- This manual is written for the Internet browser: Mozilla Firefox.
- When making your way through the manual, you will often be required to perform actions. For these actions, a consistent style of writing has been used: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
YOU REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
- An active Internet connection.
- An ICT account. This is your student or employee number with the corresponding password.
STeP 1: Add the off-campus access button to your bookmarks
- To add the off-campus access button, press the right mouse click to open the window below. Click Bookmark This Link.
- The following pop-up will appear. Click Save.
STeP 2: use the off-campus access button
For this step, the following article is used http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2016.06.016 per example. When opening the article when not on the UT network the following screen will appear.
- Click on the recently added bookmark.
- The UT login screen appears. Log in using your ICT-account.
- You now will be identified as a student or staff member of the University of Twente and you will be able to download a PDF of the article.