This manual describes how to use the off-campus access button. This button lets you access full-text resources without having to visit the university library website first. The button identifies you as a University of Twente student or staff member.
- This manual is written for the internet browser: Google Chrome.
- When making your way through the manual, you will often be required to perform actions. For these actions, a consistent style of writing has been used: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
THE FOLLOWING THINGS ARE REQUIRED:
- An Internet connection.
- Student number followed by @utwente.nl (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) or employee (UT) e-mail address.
STEP 1: DISPLAY THE BOOKMARKS BAR
If the bookmarks bar is already visible you can skip this step. Otherwise, follow the steps below or use the key combination ctrl + shift + B.
- Click on the three dots in the right corner of the Chrome browser.
- Click on Bookmarks.
- Click on show Bookmarks bar.
- The bookmarks bar is now visible.
STEP 2: ADD THE OFF-CAMPUS ACCESS BUTTON TO THE BOOKMARKS BAR
- Drag the button below to the bookmarks bar.
STEP 3: USE THE OFF-CAMPUS ACCESS BUTTON
For this step, the following article is used http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2016.06.016 per example. When opening the article when not on the UT network the following screen will appear.
- Click on the recently added bookmark.
- The UT login screen appears. Log on using your student number of employee e-mail address.
- You now will be identified as a student or employee of the University of Twente and you will be able to download a PDF of the article.