This manual describes the central hard disks (M, P, and U) and the procedures to restore data.
On the UT Workstation are facilities for saving data. These facilities are for:
- Saving data safely;
- Sharing data;
- Installing software, templates, etc.
- Restoring data.
- This manual is written for Workstations with Windows.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
From the data saved on the hard disk of your Workstation no back up will be made. When you have trouble with you Workstation the hard disk could be erased. This is why it’s necessary that you save your data on the central hard disks. On an UT Workstation three central hard disks are configured by default:
- M: My documents/Home directory
- P: Project and organisation documents
- U: UT offer of documents (e.g. corporate design and software)
HOME DIRECTORY (M:)
This directory is meant for saving your own work documents. These documents are your own and can’t be shared with others. If you work for different organizations or you moved from one organization to another, then this home directory will remain the same.
The home directory: \\AD.utwente.nl\HOME\ will be linked to M: by default.
This disk space is limited to 10 GB. Before you reach this limit you will receive a warning by e-mail.
PROJECT AND ORGANISATION DIRECTORY (P:)
This directory is meant for offering project data and organization data, as well as sharing data with others. In this directory you can only access the directories from the organization, associations, projects or groups you are in.
The project directory: \\AD.utwente.nl\ORG wil be linked to P: by default.
UT DIRECTORY (U:)
The UT offers all kinds of documents concerning the entire UT. For example the UT corporate design documents with template information.
The UT directory: \\AD.utwente.nl\UT will be linked to U: by default
If the data hard disks (M, P, and/or U) are not available in the folder Computer, you can add this manually.
STEP 1: FILE EXPLORER (WINDOWS)
- Click File Explorer in taskbar
- Rightclick ThisPC
- Select Map network drive…
STEP 2: WHAT NETWORK FOLDER WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAP?
- Select Drive M:
- Type \\ad.utwente.nl\home\<name>
- Check Reconnect at sign-in
- Check Connecting using different credentials
- Click Finish
STEP 3: ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS
- Type (UT) e-mailadres
- Type your Password
- Check Remember my credentials.
- Click OK