1. Applications can only take place via the website by submitting the completed application form followed by payment of the course fee.
2. By submitting the application form the participant declares to have received these regulations and in addition declares himself/herself in agreement with its contents.
3. Registration closes at 1 August 2018 or if one of the courses reaches its maximum amount of participants.
4. The reception date of the full payment will be considered as the registration date. You will receive more detailed information about the festival, the courses and the Think Tank on a regular base by email.
5. We have 25 places per course available. In the event that the number of registrations exceeds the number of available places, the first 25 paid registrations can participate in the course. If you want to register as a group (5-10), request the group tickets via the contact form on our website. We will contact you to arrange the tickets.
6. The University of Twente reserves the right to test the participant’s starting level in order to assess whether it fits the level of the course and to select students based on other admission criteria such as CV and motivation letter. Our summer camp is an event for students who haven't yet started their university careers, but are finishing up their high-school education. If you are at least 15 years of age and in your later to final stage of high school, summer camp InspireU is for you. If the University of Twente finds that the starting level is insufficient, the University of Twente may decide not to admit the participant to the course.
7. We act in good faith to provide you with access to your personal information and to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it does not otherwise need to be retained by law or for evaluation purposes. Furthermore we will use your email address to inform you about InspireU and the University of Twente.
9. The University of Twente summer school reserves the right to cancel the course. The University of Twente summer school will either in writing or by email inform participants of a cancellation due to lack of interest the first week of July 2018. Participants should keep this in mind when making travel arrangements; any expenses made other than course and housing fees, will not be reimbursed.
10. If in the opinion of the University of Twente summer school placement or admission is not possible or eligible, or if the University of Twente summer school has cancelled the course, the registration will be annulled without any costs and course fee already paid will be reimbursed as soon as possible.
11. Costs will be owed in the event of cancellation or if the participant interrupts the course or ends it prematurely. Regardless of your reasons for cancellation (e.g. visa refusal), the following cancellation policy applies. These costs are as follows:
- The participant can cancel his/her registration by clicking on the cancelation link in the confirmation e-mail.
- If the participant cancels before 1 April 2018, he/she will get a full refund of all paid fees.
- If the participant cancels before 1 May 2018, he/she will have to pay 25% of the full summer camp fee.
- If the participant cancels after 1 May 2018, before 1 July 2018, he/she will have to pay 50% of the full summer camp fee.
- If the participant cancels after 1 July 2018, he/she will have to pay the full summer camp fee.
- If the participant is leaving the summer camp while participating (between 12-18 August), the participant will not get a refund of all paid fees.
12. Obtaining an appropriate visa is the student’s personal responsibility. Failure to obtain a visa does not exempt the student from his/her payment obligations.
13. Participants are responsible for procuring the appropriate insurances (civil liability, accident and health insurance) during their time at the University of Twente summer school.
14. University of Twente will take no responsibility for health risks of the participant in connection with his/her participation at the University of Twente summer camp and University of Twente is not liable for personal or property damages, losses or injuries sustained by the participant. University of Twente cannot be held liable for theft, pilferage and non-delivery items belonging to the participant and University of Twente shall assume no liability for items stored by the participant.
University of Twente is liable towards the participant for any damage that is the result of a failure to perform on the part of University of Twente, unless the failure to perform cannot be attributed to University of Twente or to an auxiliary person, servant or agent whom University of Twente has engaged in connection with the performance of the agreement.
University of Twente will not be liable for any damage in any case in the event that: A. the damage, or in any event the breach of the agreement, can be attributed to the participant himself; B. the breach of the agreement can be blamed on an incident that University of Twente or an auxiliary person, servant or agent whom University of Twente has engaged in connection with the performance of the agreement could not reasonably have foreseen or prevented; C. the breach of the agreement can be blamed on force majeure. Force majeure is taken to mean any abnormal or unforeseen circumstances over which University of Twente or auxiliary persons, servants or agents whom University of Twente has engaged in connection with the performance of the agreement have no control. There will be deemed to be a situation involving force majeure in any case in the event that the agreement is not performed as a result of a strike, fire, poor weather conditions, a natural disaster or a terrorist attack; or D. insofar as the participant could have recovered his damage on the ground of an insurance policy.
In any case the liability of University of Twente for any damage is limited to the amount University of Twente’s insurer pays out.
15. In those cases for which the terms and conditions of registration do not provide, the director of the University of Twente summer school will decide in reasonableness and in fairness.
16. Any disputes resulting from the agreement between the participant and the University of Twente summer camp that cannot be resolved in mutual consultation will be brought for the Executive Board of the University of Twente Summer camp.
If you have questions, be sure to contact us!