In this course you will learn how to own your own business. To reach this goal you will have to negotiate, write a strategic marketing plan, gain profits, respond to changes on your business market and get an investment by giving a pitch for real investors. At the end of the course there will be an exciting final where the best entrepreneurs will be announced.
This course is about entrepreneurship and this is a key research theme at the University of Twente. For an entrepreneur various characteristics are important, like being enterprising, headstrong, performance-driven and risk-taking to some extent. Also strategy, finance, marketing, HRM and product development are important themes in entrepreneurship. The bachelor studies that are partly or exclusively concerned with entrepreneurship are Advanced Technology, Creative Technology, University College Twente, Business & IT, International Business Administration and Industrial Engineering and Management.
- You will be able to define the concept ‘entrepreneurship’ and describe the important skills of this concept.
- You will be able to find good business opportunities and respond on these business opportunities.
- You will be able to use a zero-sum game to maximize your own profit.
- Methods: Interactive lectures, tutorials, group work
- Course level: Intermediate
- Target group: High school students preparing for a bachelor’s programme at an University (minimum age of 15 years) with an interest in entrepreneurship
- Required knowledge: Basic understanding of economy