A correct diagnosis is very important before the treatment. There are several medical techniques that can be used in this process. In order to improve these medical techniques many research is needed. In this course you will acquire knowledge in the field of medical research. You will have a look in an intensive care and will learn to practice the learned techniques. You will also do a medical research about wearables and medical applications for patients. You will present the outcomes of this research in a multidisciplinary consultation.
This course is about health and this is a key research theme at the University of Twente. Several hundred researchers are active in this field. They apply various perspectives based on a wide range of disciplines, including medical technology, psychology and logistics. The bachelor studies that are partly or exclusively concerned with health are Psychology, Biomedical Technology, Technical Medicine and Health Sciences
- You will experience which signals should be measured on a real intensive care.
- You will learn about the function and anatomy of the heart and how to perform an ECG yourself.
- You will do research in wearables and medical apps.
- You will think about medical ethical propositions and safety in healthcare.
- You will take part in a multidisciplinary consultation.
- Methods: Lab work projects, interactive lectures
- Course level: Intermediate
- Target group: High school students preparing for a bachelor’s programme at an University (minimum age of 15 years) with an interest in healthcare
- Required knowledge: Basic understanding of physics, biology, mathematics and research and design