See Leaving employment

New job or own company

If you begin working for a different employer or are starting your own company after being employed by the UT, this will have consequences for your pension and healthcare insurance.

There are various possibilities:

  • If you found a new job in the public sector (government and education), you will continue to build up pension savings with the General Pension Fund for Public Employees (ABP).
  • If your new job is not part of the public sector and if your new employer has a pension scheme, you can apply for a transfer payment with your new pension insurer. The pension built up with ABP will then be converted into pension arrangements with the new pension insurer. You can apply for a transfer payment up until six months after the start of a new job.
  • If your new employer does not maintain a pension scheme or if you're starting your own company, you can voluntarily build up pension savings with ABP for a period of three years under certain conditions.

For more information on transfer payments, voluntary continuation of pension build-up and other subjects that become important if you start working outside the public sector, see the ABP website.

If you are using the UT's group healthcare insurance with Menzis, this insurance will continue after your dismissal for the remainder of the calendar year, on an individual basis. This means that the group discount expires and that you can no longer use the special UT package.

If your new employer offers group healthcare insurance, you are allowed to switch to this new insurance package in the middle of the year (i.e. before 1 January). To do so, you are required to terminate your contract with your current healthcare insurer within thirty days after starting your new employment.