A student is allowed to study 30 credits externally. To gain international experience a student is given the chance to go abroad to another university or institute to follow courses or doing projects. The choice of courses or projects has to be approved by the programme mentor in the same way as the other part of the programme is approved.

Carrying out a traineeship abroad is one way of gaining international experience. In some cases it is possible to carry out the final project abroad under joint supervision, where the lead in supervision will always be taken by the own chair. Our faculty has agreements with partner universities and institutes to accommodate students smoothly. Information about going abroad to partner or non-partner universities/ institutes, the procedures and the possibilities of financial support can be given by the coordinator of internationalization:

Drs. J. (Jan) Schut.

Room: Zilverling A-108
Phone: 053 489 4350
E-mail: j.schut@utwente.nl