KNOWLEDGE SAFETY: Taking care of what we share
Information regarding knowledge safety and export control for UT employees can be accessed via the UT Service Portal.
In 2020, the Knowledge Safety Team (KST) was established. This office focusses on the balance between the opportunities that come with innovative research and international cooperation on the one hand, and knowledge safety risks on the other hand. Due to these risks, it is important that a reliable system is set up to guarantee the safety and the integrity of academic knowledge.
Knowledge safety and export control is present is various processes within the UT community such as the international cooperation and agreements, the recruitment of international staff, opportunities provided by foreign investors, but also the digital and physical access to the UT campus.
The main tasks of the KST are:
- to ensure UT compliance with international sanctions and export control law.
- to reduce and mitigate knowledge safety risks for the UT community and research infrastructure.
- to provide a support structure to the UT community on knowledge safety and export control.
Members & Contacts
The KST consists of seven members that work in different departments and faculties at the UT.
- Senior Policy Advisor Knowledge Safety & Export Control
- Integral Safety Manager
- Legal Advisor
- Director Human Resources
- Expert on Missile Technology Control Regime
- Coordinator International Cooperation
- Senior Policy Advisor International Affairs
- Full Professor
For questions, please contact Irna van der Molen and Erwin Medendorp.