Leadership Skills: how to perform with impact, enjoy diversity and make a difference together
Linda van der Wal www.LindavanderWal.com
& Ariëlle Brouwer www.globalworkersexperience.com
- We start from the perspective that participants as women can play a crucial role in the future of academics. Not only by developing their own career, but also in creating an inclusive culture in academia.
- From there on out we will focus on the pracitical points of:
- Showing formal and informal leadership in meetings, research programs, dealing with supervisors and other important people.
- Getting recognized as as leader in a masculine environment (visibility)
- Dealing with challenges; for instance getting your message across while being sensitive to others
Key elements in the workshop:
- Insights on how you can switch you behaviour according to the situation and be more effective.
- How to show leadership: experience based excercises focussed on embodying leadership.
- Dealing with practical situations, which ask for leadership.