The programme is free of charge for UT students. The university does not pay travel-, accommodation- , food and drink costs and personal related expenses.
The next application round for the HTSM Honours Programme is in September 2017. To apply for a place on the HTSM Master’s Honours Programme you must submit the documents below in digital form via the Student Portal organization 'Honours College Master Selection’ of the University of Groningen. You can obtain access to this Student Portal organization by submitting the Application Form for Student Portal Access.
It is important that all the required documents are submitted via Student Portal in a single document upload, so please make sure that all the documents are included before you carry out the upload. If your application is incomplete, it may be excluded from the selection procedure.
Your application must include the following:
- a completed application form
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of your study results to date
- a brief letter of explanation in English (max. 500 words) stating why you wish to be admitted, your expectations, interests and ambitions, what you think you can offer the HTSM Master’s Honours Programme and what you hope to gain from it.
- one or more reference letter(s) that will help to convince the Selection Committee that you are suited HTSM Master's Honours Programme. You can submit an internal recommendation from your faculty (e.g. from a tutor/mentor/lecturer on your current degree programme, or from a study advisor)
- a clear photograph (or passport photograph) of yourself
- other documents relevant to your application (e.g. a certificate for a Bachelor’s Honours degree)
On the basis of the dossiers submitted, students are selected for the Selection Day to conduct a selection assignment and interview with the Admissions Board. On the basis of the application files, the performance on the selection assignment and the interview, it is determined whether the student is suitable for the HTSM Master’s Honours Programme. The programme will start in October/November.