Abstract: The work of scientists is sometimes perceived as a black box and often people will only hear about new discoveries and exciting prospects in the news which can result in them losing interest in science. However, we need the public to support what we do because they all contribute to our work. Showing the public who scientists are and what they are working on also fits perfectly within the Open Science movement. It is essential to engage people, for example, by visiting schools to give interesting lectures and demonstrations, inviting school classes for a hands-on day in the lab, and organizing open days to offer people an opportunity to get to know the scientists and science behind university or industry doors. Such outreach activities are a tremendous help in showing that science is fun and fascinating and why so much effort is put into science every day.
Thursday 24 June 2021 14:00 - 15:00
- Fri 25 Jun 2021 10:30 - 14:30TOPFIT symposium: Diabetes on Return 2.0
- Tue 29 Jun 2021 14:00 - 16:00Women’s Health Research Day
- Thu 1 Jul 2021 15:50 - 16:30Save the Date:Informal Closing Academic Year
- Mon 23 - Tue 31 Aug 2021CuriousU PRO
- Wed 3 - Thu 4 Nov 2021The 2021 TechMed Event