Ir. M. (Michiel) Pezij
Water Engineering and Management
+31 53 489 3169
+31 53 489 3546
University of Twente
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Department of Water Engineering & Management
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
The OWAS1S-project stands for integration of the freely available Sentinel-1 satellite data and local knowledge on physical processes in the soil for optimizing water management of regional water systems by providing spatial high-resolution information. The research accommodates three PhD-projects. While the first two projects are looking at the exploitation of the freely-available Sentinel-1 imagery and the translation of surface soil moisture data to the value-added products, this PhD-project will focus on the optimization of operational and strategic water management using the spatiotemporal information.
- 01-10-2015 PhD-candidate, University of Twente. Optimizing operational water management with Sentinel-1 satellites
- 2013-2015 MSc. Civil Engineering (Water Engineering and Management), University of Twente
- 2010-2013 BSc. Civil Engineering, University of Twente
- MSc thesis Understanding the morphological development of the Oesterdam nourishment
- BSc thesis Examing the geomorphic effects of the Canterbury earthquakes on the Hororata River.