Helaas is deze informatie niet aanwezig in het Nederlands...
Angels Fernandez Mora
Water Engineering and Management
+31 53 4894142
+31 53 4893546
University of Twente
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Department of Water Engineering & Management
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
An accurate prediction of sediment transport is essential to properly simulate near-shore morphodynamics. At present, despite that sediment transport formulas account for the main processes that drive sediment transport, they lack on the prediction of transport rates and bottom changes under breaking waves. In fact, there is a general lack on the understanding of the effects of wave breaking hydrodynamics and turbulence on the sediment transport, particularly, their effects in the wave boundary layer. Only few experiments have been focused on wave-breaking sediment transport processes, which have helped to understand wave-breaking dynamics, but detailed measurements of the boundary layer and the near-bed sediment fluxes were dismissed in these experiments.
The SINBAD project (Sediment Transport under Irregular and Breaking Waves), held in collaboration between the University of Twente, the University of Aberdeen and the University of Liverpool, is focused in to get more insight on the effects of wave breaking in sediment transport. During the project, large flume experiments have been performed, paying special attention in the detailed measurement of the surface elevation, the vertical and horizontal velocities, the boundary layer processes and the sediment transport. On the other hand, numerical models are at present an essential tool in near-shore morphodynamic research. Within the framework of the SINBAD project, numerical modeling (VOF-RANS models) will help us to get more insight in the physical processes involved on sediment transport and boundary layer dynamics induced by plunging breaking waves.
Finally, the results of the different studies within the SINBAD project will be combined to improve existing practical morphological models that are commonly used in coastal engineering (e.g. Delft3D).
Fernandez-Mora, A., D. Calvete, A. Falques and H.E. de Swart. 2015. Onshore sandbar migration in the surf zone: New insights into the wave induced sediment transport mechanisms. Geophysical Research Letters, doi: 10.1002/2014GL063004
Fernandez-Mora, À., Calvete, D., Falqués, A., Ribas, F., and Idier, D., 2013. On the Predictability of Mid-term Cross-shore Profile Evolution In: Conley, D.C., Masselink, G., Russell, P.E. and O’Hare, T.J. (eds.), Proceedings 12th International Coastal Symposium (Plymouth, England), Journal of Coastal Research, Special Issue No. 65, pp. 476-481, ISSN 0749-0208.
- Fernandez-Mora, A., D. Calvete and A. Falques. Morphodynamics for different sediment transport formulas. International Conference on Coastal Engineering (ICCE), 15-20th June 2014, Seoul, South Korea.
- Fernandez-Mora, A., D. Calvete, A. Falques and H. E. de Swart. Equilibrium beach profiles under skewed and asymmetric waves. Coastal Dynamics, 24-28th June 2013, Arcachon, France.
- Fernandez-Mora, A., D. Calvete, A. Falques and H. E. de Swart. Wave skewness and asymmetry effects on nearshore morphodynamics. Coastal and Estuarine Morphodynamics, 9-13th June 2013, Santander, Spain.
- Fernandez-Mora, A., D. Calvete, A. Falques, F. Ribas and D. Idier. On the predictability of Mid-term Cross-shore Profile Evolution. International Coastal Symposium, 8-12th April 2013, Plymouth, UK.
- Also at: NCKdays, 13-15th March 2013, Den Haag, The Netherlands.
- Fernandez-Mora, A., D. Calvete, A. Falques and F. Ribas. Beach profile evolution for different sediment transport formulas. 9Th European Fluid Mechanics Congress, 9-13th Setember 2012, Rome, Italy.
- Fernandez-Mora, A., D. Calvete, A. Falques and F. Ribas. Beach profile evolution for different sediment transport formulas. International Conference on Coastal Engineering (ICCE), 1-9th July 2012, Santander, Spain.
- 2010 – 2015 PhD on Physical Sciences: 'On cross-shore beach profile morphodynamics', Group of coastal Morphodynamics, Physics Department, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya.
- 2000 - 2009 BSc+MSc Geological Engineering (Civil Engineering – Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain). Specialization: Soil mechanics, Hydraulics, Numerical Methods.