Main Research Interest / Name of Research Project
- Numerical simulation of forming processes e.g. deepdrawing, incremental sheet forming, extrusion, rolling, cutting.
- Numerical modelling of biomaterials.
- Stability of plastic deformation and stability of material models in FEM analysis (including mesh dependency, localization and convergence).
- Optimization and robustness in forming processes.
- Object Oriented Programming (finite element programs, mesh generation programs). The C++ framework FeaTure for Finite Element programming and a collection of C++ tensor classes are freely available.
See Blackboard for more information on the courses listed
- Mechanics of materials (Sterkteleer).
- Nonlinear Solid Mechanics.
- HTSM Honours Master lectures: Metals and metal forming simulations.
- Nonlinear Material Mechanics (Post graduate course EM).
- Mechanics of Large Deformations (Post graduate course EM).
- Head of the chair Nonlinear Solid Mechanics
- Cluster leader of the cluster “Applied Mechanical Behaviour” of the Materials innovation institute M2i
- Coordinator of the Mechanical Testing Laboratory of the faculty Engineering Technology
- President of the European Scientific Association for Material Forming ESAFORM
- Associate editor for International Journal of Material Forming