Within the field of acoustics we take into account the following phenomena:
- Non-uniform background flow
- Turbulence as a source of sound
- Multi-phase media
- Vortex sound
We aim to give answers to the following research questions:
- What is the local sound field?
- What are the locations of sound sources?
Our research concentrates on mathematical, physical and numerical modeling. Various levels of approach are currently being employed:
- Linearized Euler equations (LEE)
- Analytic solutions
- Discontinuous Galerkin finite element method on tetrahedra
- Discontinuous Galerkin finite element method on hexahedra
- Inverse problems
- Sound transmission through oil-water flows
- On the comparison of analog and digital microphones for phased array applications.
- Digital MEMS microphone based dynamic surface pressure measurements on trailing edge serrations.
- Aircraft high lift device noise prediction.