Room: Horstring N-116
Telephone: 053 489 2294
PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Surface Technology and Tribology (Started in Jan.2013).
University of Twente, The Netherlands.
Project title: “Wear model to predict the generation of particles from lubricated contacts contributing to the prediction of the reliability of bearings”.
M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
North Dakota State University, Fargo, USA (Sep.2010-Dec.2012).
Thesis title: ”Lubrication and wear at metal/HDPE contacts”.
B.Sc.in Applied Mathematics
Ufa State Aircraft Technical University, Ufa, Russia (Sep.2003-July2008).
Thesis title: "Application of decision trees algorithms for fast assessment of lithological properties of oil reservoir cut".
- Mathematical modeling of friction and wear in lubricated contacts.
- Fluid flow, heat transfer and solid mechanics.
- Coupled fluid flow-solid mechanics numerical methods.
- “Nanoscale Characterization of Wear Particles Produced From CNF-Reinforced HDPE Composites,” A. Akchurin, S. Xu, A. Tangpong, I.Akhatov, Tian-Liu, Weston Wood and Wei-Hong Zhong, In proceedings of IMECE Annual Meeting, 2012, Houston, TX, USA.
- “Tribological Behavior of High Density Polyethylene Nanocomposites with Silane Treated Carbon Nanofibers,” Songbo Xu, Aydar Akchurin, Tian Liu, Weston wood, X.W. Tangpong, Iskander S. Akhatov, and Wei-Hong Zhong, ASME Journal of Tribology, in press.
- “Development of decision tree algorithms for classification of lithological reservoir properties in oil reservoir”, A. Akchurin, V. Baikov, V. Savichev, O. Nadezhdin, In proceedings of Graduate Students Conference, Ufa State Aviation Technological University, 2010, Ufa, Russia.