Name Ing. D.S. (Denis) Makarov
Department Construction Management & Engineering
Tel. secretary 053-489 4254
Position PDEng trainee
University of Twente
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Department of Construction Management & Engineering
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
2001 – 2006 Engineer in Computers, complexes, systems and networks, Moscow State University of Railway Engineering (MIIT), Moscow, Russian Federation
Design project: “Design of microprocessor based system of fire safety “Kristall”
08.2015 – current PDEng student, Department of Construction Management and Engineering, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Topic: Developing a real-time process control system for asphalt paving and compaction
Cooperation with ASPARi members
11.2014 – 08.2015 Project Lead, JSC "Instrumental plant "Tenzor", Dubna, Russian Federation
- Exploring new directions in product and system development;
- Estimation for probable benefits and drawbacks of new development directions;
- Integration between different systems, developing protocols (C++/Qt Creator);
- Setting tasks for developers;
- Communication with partners.
05.2014 – 11.2014 HMI Software engineer, LLC TRTrans, Moscow, Russian Federation
- Developing prototypes of the screens for display driver unit (metro train, Train Control and Management System) (CoDeSys 3.5);
- Developing relevant documentation.
11.2012 – 05.2014 Software engineer, LLC DSSL, Moscow, Russian Federation
- Integration and support cameras from different manufacturers (ActiveCam, AVTech, Axis, Beward, DLink, Entrovision, Evidence, FSan , Grandstream, Hikvision, Jassun, LTV, Progmatic) with TRASSIR software for creating CCTV systems (C++/Qt Creator);
- Developing protocols for different POS devices and cash counting machines for further integration with TRASSIR software (C++/Qt Creator).
10.2009 – 11.2012 Software engineer, LLC TEHNOPROG, Moscow, Russian Federation
- Developing software for on-board equipment of the locomotive on the hump yards which works under real time operating system QNX Neutrino 6.4.1 – high level part (graphic user interface program for locomotive’s driver, CanFestival-3, SDL-1.2.14, C/QNX Momentics IDE 4.6);
- Developing software for testing and control device which is used for on-board equipment of the locomotive on the hump yards – high level part (graphic user interface program, MFC, C/Microsoft Visual Studio 8.0);
- Developing software for testing and control device which is used for on-board equipment of the locomotive on the hump yards – low-level part (Ethernet CPM703 (Modbus TCP) controller’s functioning program, INAT OPC Server/ST, FBD, SFC/CoDeSys 2.3). Worked with digital and analog input/output modules and RS-232/485 modules (DIM717, DIM719, AIM721, AIM727, AIM730, NIM741/742) – configuring;
- Working with single-board computers CPC108, CPC304, CPB904 produced by FASTWEL Group Co. Ltd (standard MicroPC, PC/104-plus, ETX), working with processor boards Compact PCI 3U (CPC502) – testing, checking, installation and setting up operating systems QNX Neutrino 6.3.2/6.4.1.
11.2006 – 10.2009 Software engineer, Scientific-production firm SJSC I.V.A., Moscow, Russian Federation
- Developing interaction driver for autonomous access controller APDA.41 and environment of rapid design and implementation programs Miracle Plus (C++/Microsoft Visual Studio 8.0);
- Developing interaction driver for integrated security system ISB “KVAZAR” and environment of rapid design and implementation programs Miracle Plus (C++/Microsoft Visual Studio 8.0);
- Developing executive part of environment of rapid design and implementation programs Miracle Plus for running under real time operating system QNX Neutrino 6.3.2 (C++/QNX Momentics Development Suite IDE 4.0.1);
- Developing interaction driver for control module of integrated security system “Orion” and integrating environment for elements of physical security InS (C++/Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0);
- Developing interaction driver for security fire-fighting device PPKOP-M “Kristall-2S3.200” and integrating environment for elements of physical security InS (C++/Microsoft Visual Studio 8.0);
- Developing executive part of the integrating environment for elements of physical security InS, which works under real-time operating system On Time RTOS-32 (C++/Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0).
12.2005 – 11.2006 Software engineer, JSC "Instrumental plant "Tenzor", Software laboratory, Dubna, Russian Federation
- Developing programs for imitation top level of control system for address fire-devices PPKP- 01F-20.17, PPKP -01F-20.18, PPKP -01F-20.19 (Delphi/Delphi 7 Studio);
- Developing working program of fire-device control PPU “Kristall” (C/μVision2 Keil).
07.2005 – 09.2005 Assistant of network administrator, JSC "Instrumental plant "Tenzor", Dubna, Russian Federation
- Assisting with the network administration of the plant. Installation and setting up of the software;
- Providing technical support for PC users.
DESIGN PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The asphalt construction industry is one perceived to be based on tradition and custom where work methods are largely based on implicit knowledge and experience. In response, many equipment manufacturers currently provide sophisticated technological solutions (e.g. GPS on rollers) that promise improvements to the asphalt construction process. However, these new sensors and gadgets are largely not being used by operators mainly due to process information not being available in real-time.
To support operators in achieving a more consistent, method-based asphalt compaction process, there is a need to provide data and visualisations in real time. This move towards real-time process control brings along a set of challenges including dealing with large data sets, processing continuous data streams on the fly and the integration of contextual data such as weather conditions and asphalt mix temperature.
The mission of the design project is to develop real-time support system that will include the following components:
1.Early warning software system that identifies preventable process variability;
2.Decision support module enabling real-time information flow between operators and other key site personnel;
3.Permanent georeferencing module for post-construction analysis.
Currently not teaching.
Denis Makarov, Seirgei Miller, André Dorée, Developing a real-time process control system for asphalt paving and compaction, CROW Infradagen, June 2016