Name Julieta Matos Castaño
Department Construction Management & Engineering
Tel. 0031 618653759
Position PhD student
- University of Twente
- Faculty of Engineering Technology
- Department of Construction Management & Engineering
- P.O. Box 217
- 7500 AE Enschede
- The Netherlands
- University of Twente (The Netherlands) November 2011- Present
- PhD Researcher
- Finance of multifunctional flood defences.
- The main goal is to evaluate how a decision support system which includes financial and design considerations can assist decision makers for the development of a multifunctional flood defense.
- University of Twente (The Netherlands) May 2010- November 2010
- Student Assistant
- Collaboration in the department of planning and development analyzing strategic issues in Public-Private Partnerships.
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras May 2011- September 2011
- Graduation project: The impact of the institutional environment on the development of Public Private Partnerships in the road sector. Comparison of two settings: the Netherlands and Tamil Nadu.
- University of Twente (The Netherlands) August 2009- October 2011
- MSc Construction Management and Engineering (CME)
- A program which converts individual technical approaches into processes in which governance issues, societal trends and management methodologies are integrated with technology.
- Activities: Study Tour Brazil 2010- Opportunity to explore civil engineering outside Europe during a 3 weeks trip (September-October 2010). Visits to some major civil engineering projects and related companies/institutions in Brazil focusing on the central theme: “Foundations for a sustainable future”.
- Université Paris X (France) 2008
- Research Project: « Comportement thermique des montages électroniques embarqués lors de leur mise sous tension. Régulation par convection naturelle en milieu confiné» - Model of thermal control to save energy in buildings by using natural convection while guaranteeing equipment’s performance.
- Technical University of Madrid (Spain) 2004-2008
- EUIT Aeronáutica (Madrid) 240 ECTS
- Aeronautical Engineer: Specialisation in Airports. Airport planner .
- A degree which covers all aspects of airport planning, design, construction and operation. Specific courses undertaken include: complex structures, airport management and economics, airports systems, construction and planning, air traffic control, traffic and transportation engineering.
- AUDING, Auditorías e Ingenierías (Spain) October 2008-August 2009
- Junior Engineer
- Working at Airports’ department for Auding, Auditorías e Ingenierías in Madrid.
- Feasibility studies of airport infrastructures, in terms of environmental impacts, economical and social profits and technological advantages.
- AIRIA Ingeniería y Servicios (Spain) July 2007-January 2008
- Internship at the Airport Madrid Barajas.
- Studies and analysis of airport environment: Terminal area, airfield, operational safety, maintenance and airport operations.