Name Dr.ir. W. Tijhuis
Department Bouw/ Infra
Tel. +31 (0)53 489 3826
Tel. secretary +31 (0)53 489 4254/2670
Position Assistant Professor (part time)
Dr.ir. W. Tijhuis
University of Twente
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Department of Construction Management & Engineering
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
- Ph.D. in International Construction Management & Procurement
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- M.Sc. in Construction Management – Eindhoven University of Technology
- M.Sc. in Real Estate Development & Management – Eindhoven University of Technology
- B.Sc. in Construction Technology – Higher Technical College (HTS), Hengelo (O)
- From 1987-1989 project-management and development for Wessels Rijssen BV (The Netherlands) and Wessels Remscheid GmbH (Germany), both part of Wessels Groep BV;
- From 1992-until 1996 project-management and development for Kondor Wessels Berlin GmbH (Germany) and on its group level for Kondor Wessels Groep NV (The Netherlands);
- From 1997 until now founder and owner of WT/Beheer BV (www.wtbeheer.com) in The Netherlands, a holding of international development activities and participations (see e.g. also www.ntgroep.com).
- International Construction Management & Procurement
- Culture in construction
- Construction Production Processes & Development
- Lectures on Construction Engineering and Logistics;
- Lectures on Construction Culture and Internationalization;
- Lectures on Construction Process and Development;
- Supervising master-students with their master-thesis;
- Also active in the holding WT/Beheer BV with its international activities and participations (www.wtbeheer.com).
- Joint-coordinator of CIB Task Group TG23, ‘Culture in Construction’ (www.cibworld.nl).
Tijhuis W. (2003) Automation with or without ‘Humanization’? Dilemma in a Developing Construction Environment; proceedings of ISARC-conference ‘The Future Site’; 21-25 september 2003; Eds. Ger Maas & Frans van Gassel; pp.287-293; Eindhoven University of Technology.
Tijhuis W. & R.F.Fellows (2003) Improving construction process: Experiences in the field of contact-contract-conflict; proceedings of ISEC-02 conference: 'System-based Vision for Strategy and Creative Design; 3 Volumes; Ed.: Franco Bontempi; University of Rome 'La Sapienza' - Rome; Vol.1, pp.57-63; A.A.Balkema Publishers; Lisse/Abingdon/Exton(PA)/Tokyo.
Rwelamila P.D., R.D.Hindle, A.J.Rodriques & W.Tijhuis (2003) Construction Project Procurement Selection for Poverty-Focused Development; Final Report; SANPAD; July 2003; Johannesburg.
Tijhuis W. (2003) Rethinking Knowledge in Construction: Improving Process by using a Brain-Drain Approach; Proceedings of the Joint International Symposium of CIB working commissions W55, W65 and W107; Ed.: George Ofori and Florence Yean Yng Ling; pp.199-208; National University of Singapore; 22-24 October 2003; Singapore.
Tijhuis W. (2003) The Meaning of Culture in a Professionalizing Construction industry: A Discussion on the Future of CIB-Task Group 23; keynote speech and proceedings of conference: Professionalism in Construction: Culture of High Performance; Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors, University of Hong Kong, CIB-TG23 and HKSAR; on CD-Rom; University of Hong Kong; 26-27 October 2003; Hong Kong.
Tijhuis W. (2004) Trust and Control in Procurement: Balancing with Two Dimensions in a Collaborative Environment; Proceedings of CIB W92 conference: ‘Project Procurement for Infrastructure Construction’; 7-10th of January 2004; Eds.: Dr. S. Kalidindi; Indian Institute of Technology, Madras; Chennai, India.