Name Cuong D. Dao (PhD)
Department Construction Management & Engineering
Tel. secretary 053-489 6642/2670
Fax 053-489 2511
University of Twente
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Department of Construction Management & Engineering
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
2012 - 2016
PhD, Engineering Management, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
2007 - 2009
MEng, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand Specialization: Technology Management and Project Management
BSc, Mechanical Engineering, Hanoi University of Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam
2016 - present
Post-doctoral fellow, Department of Construction Management and Engineering, Faculty of Engineering Technology, University of Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands
2012 - 2016
PhD Candidate, Research/Teaching assistant, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
2009 - 2011
Lecturer, PetroVietnam University/Hanoi University, Hanoi, Vietnam
2006 - 2007
Product (Mechanical) Engineer, Canon Vietnam Ltd (CVN), Hanoi, Vietnam
- Reliability analysis of complex systems
- Maintenance management (Preventive, Selective, and Condition-based Maintenance)
- Dependency modelling
- Operations and maintenance scheduling
- Engineering optimization
- Current project: Optimization for conflicting performance requirement of rail operation and maintenance (OCPROM), Funded by ProRail and NWO
- Past project: 2014-2015, Asset Maintenance Strategies for Combined Cycle Cogeneration Power Plants, NSERC Engage and Engage Plus Project Funded by NSERC and ENMAX Generation, Calgary, AB, Canada
Currently not teaching
Past Courses: - Probability and Statistics (2011, Lecturer, Hanoi University)
ENGM 514-Reliability Engineering, ENGM 516-Maintenance Management, ENGM 401-Financial Management for Engineers, MECE 390-Numerical Methods in Engineering (2012-2016, Teaching Assistant, University of Alberta)
- Member: - IEEE, IIE
- Reviewer: - IEEE Transactions on Reliability
- IIE Transactions
- Reliability Engineering and System Safety
- Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering
- Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology
- Several conferences (in the Reliability, Quality, Industrial Engineering, and Asset management), e.g. ISERC, PHM, APARM, ISSAT, WCEAM.
- Shell Enhance Learning Fund, governed by CAPS, University of Alberta, 2016
- J. Gordin Kaplan Graduate Student Award, University of Alberta, 2015
- Sadler Graduate Scholarship in Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, 2014
- PhD Recruitment Scholarship, University of Alberta, 2012
- PhD Scholarship, Vietnam International Educational Development, 2011
- Tim Kendall Memorial prize, Asian Institute of Technology, 2009
- Dao C. D., & Zuo M. J., (2016) Selective maintenance for multi-state systems with s-dependent components, IEEE Transactions on Reliability 65 (2), pp. 525-539
- Dao C. D., & Zuo M. J., (2016) A maintenance model for equipment subject to varying loading conditions, The Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC) 2016, Anaheim, USA, May 2016.
- Dao, C. D. & Zuo, M. J. (2015). Selective maintenance for multi-state series- for multi-state systems considering the benefits of repairing multiple components simultaneously, Book chapter in Engineering Asset Management-Systems, Professional Practices and Certification , pp. 413-425, Springer International Publishing 2015.
- Dao C. D., & Zuo M. J., (2015) Reliability analysis of multi-state systems with s-dependent components, proceeding of the 61st Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS) 2015, Florida, USA, Jan 2015.
- Dao, C. D., Zuo, M. J., & Pandey, M. (2014). Selective maintenance for multi-state series–parallel systems under economic dependence. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 121, pp. 240-249.
- Pandey, M., Zuo, M. J., & Dao, C. D. (2013). Selective Maintenance for a Multi-Component System with Two Types of Failure Modes under Age-Based Imperfect Maintenance, proceeding of the 19th ISSAT International Conference Reliability and Quality in Design, Hawaii, USA, August 2013.
- Dao, C. D. (2010). Project scheduling, a heuristic approach, Lambert Publishing House 2010 ISBN-NR. 978-3-8433-7699-0.
- Kachitvichyanukul V. & Dao, C. D. (2009). A Mixed Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm for Continuous Flow-shop scheduling problem, proceeding of the 20th International Conference on Production Research, Shanghai, PR China, August 2009.
- Dao C. D., Zuo M.J., & Alex A. (2015), Asset Maintenance Strategies for Combined Cycle Cogeneration Power Plants. Final Report of the NSERC Engage Plus Project with ENMAX Generation-Phase II, Reliability Research Lab, University of Alberta, Nov 2015, 19 pages.
- Dao C. D. & Zuo M.J. (2015), Asset Maintenance Strategies for Combined Cycle Cogeneration Power Plants. Final Report of the NSERC Engage Project with ENMAX Generation-Phase I, Reliability Research Lab, University of Alberta, Jan 2015, 11 pages.