Name Maartje van Reedt Dortland
Department Construction Management & Engineering
Tel. +31 (0)53 489 6866
Tel. secretary +31 (0)53 489 4254
Fax +31 (0)53 489 2511
Position Phd student
- Maartje van Reedt Dortland
- University of Twente
- Faculty of Engineering Technology
- Department of Construction Management & Engineering
- P.O. Box 217
- 7500 AE Enschede
- The Netherlands
- 1998 – juni 2006 Study Tropical landuse at Wageningen University. Specialization: irrigation and water engineering.
- 1992 – 1998 Ignatius Gymnasium in Amsterdam
- September 2008 – now Phd student
- Maart 2007 – juli 2008 Junior researcher at the University of Twente, working partly at the Cartesius Institute in Leeuwarden. Research on innovative flood strategies in dikering area 6.
- Augustus 2006 – Junior Programme Assistant at the Technical Centre for
- Februari 2007 Agricultural and Rural Cooperation ACP-EU (CTA).
Organisations in healthcare real estate face many challenges these days. Real estate is one of the five capital assets that facilitate the primary process at all times, which is the provision of care. Several uncertain developments influence the healthcare, which can be found in the changing context of health organisations, and relate more specifically to changes in the population, patterns of disease, medical technologies, changes in the workforce, public and political expectations and last but not least changes in the health system. Besides the importance of real estate and health facilities for health systems, large investments are being made around the world in new and refurbished health facilities. Therefore it is surprising to discover that the opportunities of capital investments (which consist of planning, design and procurement) are not always seized to optimize services in health facilities. There is a lack of empirical data about how to mitigate the effects of the uncertainties. Besides, there is often a lack of experience regarding building projects by the principal. Therefore, the aim of this research is to gain knowledge about uncertainty mitigation measures and to design a decision support model that will facilitate principals when building and managing real estate. Case studies will be conducted in this research. The intention is to do action research, where decisions made in the organisation are evaluated. The results will be incorporated in the decision support model. Another aim of the research is organisational learning, which will be achieved by organising workshops and doing interviews.
Currently no teaching
- Maartje van Reedt Dortland, Geert Dewulf, Mirjam Bult-Spiering, Anneloes Blanken (2009). A method for identifying uncertainties in Dutch healthcare organizations, 3TU research day, Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 26 May, 2009
- Lansink, J. Hoekstra, A.Y., Reedt Dortland, M.W.J. van & Steinweg, C. M (2008). Flood security: An assessment of the strategies of compartmentalization and flood shelters. In S.P. Simonovic (Ed.), Proceedings 4th International Symposium on Flood defense: Managing Flood Risk, Reliability and Vulnerability, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, May 6-8, 2008.
- Reedt Dortland, M.W.J. van, Fijter, M. de & Hoekstra A.Y. (2008). Vluchtplaatsen in zelfredzame cellen als oplossing bij overstromingen. H2O: tijdschrift voor watervoorziening en afvalwaterbehandeling, 41(7), 59-54.
- Steinweg, C.M., Lansink, J., Reedt Dortland, M.W.J. van, Hoekstra, A.Y., Booij, M.J. & Kok, J. L. de (2008). Compartmentalization: reducing risk and overcoming uncertainties. In Vol. 10. Geoophysical research abstracts.