Name Ir. J.C. (Jochem) Nijs
Department Construction Management & Engineering
Room Horsttoren 300
Tel. +31 53 489 6865
Tel. secretary +31 53 489 2670
Fax +31 53 489 2511
Position PhD Researcher
- Ir. J.C. Nijs
- University of Twente
- Faculty of Engineering Technology
- Department of Construction Management & Engineering
- P.O. Box 217
- 7500 AE Enschede
- The Netherlands
- 2007 – 2009 Master Industrial Design Engineering at the University of Twente
- Master track: Emerging Technology Design
- Graduated with honors
- 2004 – 2007 Bachelor Industrial Design at the University of Twente
- Nov. 2008 – Jul. 2009 Master graduation assignment at TNO Built Environment and Geosciences in Apeldoorn
- -Developing an innovative heat pump for the existing Dutch built environment.
- Apr. 2007 – Jul. 2007 Bachelor graduation assignment at ECN (Energy research Centre of the Netherlands)
- -Researching the possibilities for energy neutral and energy producing houses for the future.
- 2006 – 2009 Student assistant activities at the University of Twente:
- -Assisting with creating a new 2nd year course for Industrial Design students: “Energy & Heat Principles”
- -Working at the online database of the website www.productionnavigator.com.
- -Assisting with lectures of Computer Aided Design software (SolidWorks).
- -Assisting with introductory mathematical courses for first year students.
Interface design for Open System Buidling:
An application for Industrial Sustainable and Flexible building
2008 1st Prize in KIVI NIRIA/UT bachelor thesis contest
Subject: Energy neutral houses in the built environment for the future (thesis at ECN)