|Name||Ariën de Korte|
|Department||Construction Management & Engineering|
|Tel. secretary||053-489 4254/2670|
Ir. A.C.J. de Korte
University of Twente
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Department of Construction Management & Engineering
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
|September 2001 - December 2006||Industrial Engineering and Management, Faculty of Business, Public Administration and Technology University of Twente Technical specialization Construction Technology & Management|
|July 2001||Propadeuse Exam Industrial Engineering and Management (old style)
|Augustus 1995 - June 2001||Hendrik Pierson College, Zetten Secondary education|
|January 2007 - Current||PhD-student
University of Twente
Subject; Modelling of hydration and fire behaviour of gypsum and cementious materials
Supervisor; Prof.Dr.Ir. H.J.H. Brouwers (TU Eindhoven)
|February 2006 - December 2006||Graduation project
Cement-Immobilisation-Concrete research group
University of Twente, Enschede
Subject; Cold Immobilisation of contaminate soil
Supervisors; Prof. Dr.Ir. H.J.H. Brouwers, Prof. D.G. Mans, ing. E.M.H. Schildkamp and Ir. S.J. Dijkmans
|Augustus - October 2004||Internship
Department real estate and building affairs
Wageningen University and Research centre.
Subject: Sales yield & park management; a research to the surplus value of park management of the area Kortenoord in Wageningen.
Supervisors; Dr.Ir. R.S. de Graaf and Drs. E.G. van der Meer
Fig 1. Scientific Framework of the research
1. The modelling of the hydration.
Calcium sulphates (like gypsum) are in the existing hydration model CEMHYD3D already present, but the way these products are modelled is too limited for the present research.
2. The development of a multi-scale fire model
The fire model which is developed describes the chemical and mechanical changes in the material. The model makes use of the chemical decomposition reactions. Together with the reaction temperatures and an external heat flux this forms the basis for model. The chemical reactions introduce volume changes and changes in the thermal properties (density, specific heat, heat conduction).
3. Computer based design
The combination of the hydration and fire model can be used for the computer-based design of gypsum plasterboards. The design process is cyclic. This will be done by changing the input parameters of the hydration and exposing the 'produced' microstructure to fire with the help of the fire model. The output results of both models can than be assessed according to the predefined requirements. Based on these results the input of the model can be modified and cycle will start again.
Fig 2. Connection between hydration and fire model (including in- and output).
4.The development of a forensic fire investigation tool
Forensic research focuses on the determination of the temperature levels (history) and the cause of the fire. The main differences among fires are their speed and attained temperatures. Based on structure changes of the material the temperature and speed of the fire can be determined. For this purpose the fire model will have the possibility to cope with the several fire curves
- First modification of the hydration model for the use of gypsum as main binder. This modification includes the formation of needles (crystal shape), modification of the primary and secondary nucleation and the including of gypsum as the final product.
- First version of the fire model has been developed. This model is based on thermo-chemical laws and can predict the influence of fire on the properties of the material (i.e. density, thermal conductivity, specific heat, enthalpy, permeability, specific surface area).
- Further modification of the hydration model for the use of gypsum, including pore water chemistry
- Further development of fire model, including improved mass and heat transfer and the introduction of cement phases.
- Prediction/simulation of the following properties of gypsum plasterboard at ambient and elevated temperature
- Thermal conductivity
- Specific surface area
- Ultrasoon velocity through the mixtures
- Simulation of packing of particles.
- Civil material science (coordinating lecturer)
- Civil environmental science (assisting in Greencalc practical work).
- Guest lecturer in the course of sustainable building
- Assistant to the workpackage-leader of WP2 (Fire-safety components) of the I-SSB project.
- Reviewer for several Journals.
- Reviewer for Czech Science Foundation (GA CR).
- Operator/Technician Electronic Timing Equipment of the Royal Dutch Swimming Federation, Region Gelderland (KNZB-Kring Gelderland).
- Operator Electronic Timing Equipment at VdH Leerdam
- Webmaster Swimming club "Excelsior Zwemmen Zetten"