Students in the double degree programme are enrolled and registered at both institutions as follows, during this master's trajectory.
Option A – October start:
- During year 1, semester 1 and 2 at LMU in the MSc Programme Psychology: Learning Sciences,
- During year 2, semester 3 and 4 at the UT in the MSc Programme EST + sem. 4 at LMU-Psy_LS (during this last semester registration at both universities is necessary to obtain both diplomas).
Option B – February start:
- During year 1, semester 1 at the UT in the MSc Programme Educational Science & Technology,
- During year 2, semester 2 and 3 at LMU in the MSc Programme Psychology: Learning Sciences,
- During year 3, semester 4 at the UT in the MSc Programme EST + at LMU-Psy_LS (during this last semester registration at both universities is necessary to obtain both diplomas).
For enrolment, the students have to apply to both universities separately according to their administrative requirements, in the consecutive years. Basically, these entry requirements encompass knowledge and skills in the domain of educational science and social science research methods and techniques.
Students participating in the double degree programme pay the (tuition) fees at the institution(s) where they are enrolled/registered. In practice, during the year at LMU a mandatory of approx. Euro 400 per year (including public transport card); during the year at UT approx. Euro 2,083 per year (for EU students) or Euro 12,000 (for Non-EU students).
For students who need to do the Pre-Master's programme of EST first, the total duration of the study programme will be 2.5 or 3 years, depending on the moment of enrolment. The fee for the Pre-master is Euro 1,042 for 30 EC (same for all students).
See the full overview of the different trajectories and their specific application schemes (incl. deadlines).
Additional information on deadlines:
- Make your interest for the double degree programme formally known to the EST staff before 1 Febr. (Sept. start) / 1 Dec. (Febr. start)
- General UT application deadlines for master's programmes for visa and non-visa students can be found here
- For the LMU year: Submit your application to LMU-Psy_LS before 1 March (online) / 1 April (direct LS),
- and to LMU-International Office before 1 May.