Students in the double degree programme are enrolled and registered at both institutions as follows.
Option A – October start:
- During year 1, semester 1 and 2 at LMU in the MSc Programme Psychology: Learning Sciences,
- During year 2, semester 3 and 4 at the UT in the MSc Programme EST + sem. 4 at LMU-Psy_LS (during this last semester registration at both universities is necessary to obtain both diplomas).
Option B – February start:
- During year 1, semester 1 at the UT in the MSc Programme Educational Science & Technology,
- During year 2, semester 2 and 3 at LMU in the MSc Programme Psychology: Learning Sciences,
- During year 3, semester 4 at the UT in the MSc Programme EST + at LMU-Psy_LS (during this last semester registration at both universities is necessary to obtain both diplomas).
For enrolment, the students have to apply to both universities individually according to their administrative requirements, in the consecutive years. Basically, these entry requirements encompass knowledge and skills in the domain of educational science and social science research methods and techniques.
Students participating in the double degree programme pay the (tuition) fees at the institution(s) where they are enrolled/registered. In practice, during the year at LMU a mandatory of approx. Euro 400 per year (including public transport card); during the year at UT approx. Euro 2,060 per year (for EU students) or Euro 11,500 (for Non-EU students).
Deadlines for applying to the double degree programme:
- Make your interest formally known to the EST staff before 1 Febr. (Sept. start) / 1 Dec. (Febr. start)
- For the LMU year: Submit your application to LMU-Psy_LS before 1 March (online) / 1 April (direct LS),
- and to LMU-International Office before 1 May.
- For the UT year/semester: Register at UT before 1 May / 1 Oct. (visa-students), or 1 July / 1 Dec. (non-visa students).